When someone is imprisoned, their main concern is how to leave as quickly as possible. One strategy for doing this is to post bail. Bail is the term used to describe a bond, sum of money, or property paid to the government as a guarantee against the commitment to appear in court. The government maintains this security, and an arrest warrant is filed for the accused if he cannot present himself in court. In most nations, the bail sum is predetermined based on various cases. There are different types of bail bonds pittsburgh available, such as cash bonds, property bonds, federal bonds, surety bonds, immigration bail bonds, citation releases, and personal recognition releases.
Types of bail bonds
- Cash bail: The accused must pay the amount in cash to be released from custody; this is the simplest type of bail. Payment can be made with a cheque or a credit card, subject to court approval. It could be a fee paid as an inducement to show up for court. After the end of all trials, the bail amount is reimbursed.
- Federal bail bond: Federal bail is posted to free the defendant when accused of an interstate offense. For these kinds of bail, a higher cost and more security are typically required. Regional offenses include fraud, kidnapping, bank robbery, and other types of crimes.
- Property bail bonds: to get freedom from prison, the suspect has to put the property up as collateral in this type of bond. Property bonds take time to be reimbursed after the trials are over. The reason is paperwork and inspections of the property. If you want to use the property as bail, it has to be in your name or the name of the guarantor.
- Citation release: This is the simplest form of bail bond. This category of bonds is issued by the arresting officer only for minor crimes. The arresting officer has to provide a written note known as a “citation,” which allows the accused to go home.
- Personal recognition release: This form of bond permits the accused to be free without paying bail. Personal recognition release is possible only when the judge recognizes the suspect.
- Surety bonds: In a surety bond, the bail bond company fully covers the cost of the bail. It is a legally obligatory assumption that the defendant will repay them in full.
A bail bond is an option for someone accused of a crime who wants to set his foot out of jail. The different types of bail bonds have been explained above.